If you use the internet and social media apps safely, the internet can be a fantastic place. But do you keep yourself safe online?
Welcome to our online safety page where you can find lots of helpful tips to help you to stay safe. Safety new kids have a great website and this is their Top Ten tips for staying safe:
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
4) Never give out your passwords. Ever.
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know.
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do.
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online.
9) Respect other people’s views. Even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views, that doesn’t mean you need to be rude.
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried, leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.
Please click here, to see lots of other ways that can help you stay safe online.