Register now to make sure we don’t miss out
The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium’.
For every child registered Earl Mortimer College gets £935 this year.
With this money we could give more individual tutoring, reduce class sizes and provide extra equipment for your child. If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also get help with costs of school trips, the costs of music lessons and extra support in many ways.
Please register to make sure your child and others in their class don’t miss out.
How does it work?
1. First, check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at this list to see if you are eligible.
2. Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify, contact Jackie Hattingh at EMC on 01568 613221 or contact Herefordshire Local Authority:
• Telephone: 01432 260333
• Email: email@example.com
• Address: Benefits Section, Income and Awards, PO Box 224, Hereford HR1 2XW who will help you to register.
3. If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at break time or lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (saving you more than £350 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £935 extra.
4. If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they can continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered, the school still gets £935 extra.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
Please talk to us about registering your child today.