Earl Mortimer College & Sixth Form Centre was inspected most recently by Ofsted on Tuesday 15th and Wednesday 16th October, 2013. Her Majesty’s Inspector’s found :
|This is a good school.
- The Principal, senior leaders and governors share a vision, ambition and drive to inspire students. They have considerable capacity to continue to improve through their clear understanding of the college’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Rigorous checking of lessons by senior leaders, has rapidly improved the quality of teaching throughout the school.
- From low starting points, students are now attaining standards that are improving and getting closer to that seen in most schools.
- Disabled students and those who have special educational needs receive effective, specialist support which enables them to make good progress.
- Students’ good behaviour and positive attitudes to learning help them to make good progress. They are courteous, polite and welcoming.
- Students respond very well to the high expectations of the college. Their attendance has improved and this reflects students’ enjoyment of college.
- The sixth form is good and students make good progress from their starting points. Students benefit greatly from strong and effective links with local educational partners.
The full report is available to view here.
Parent View also gives parents the chance to tell Ofsted what they think about their child’s experience with us by asking their opinion on 12 aspects of their child’s education.