Welcome to the Computing Faculty
The Computing faculty has use of three computing rooms all equipped with interactive whiteboards and thirty state of the art workstations. Each room is air conditioned and has sufficient room for all students to access their own workstation and sufficient space to work away from the workstations when necessary.
Our strengths rely in a relentless approach to ensuring that all students maximize their potential in all that we do. We are at the forefront of developments within the computing subject area and have developed a variety of different approaches to teaching and learning such as:
- Using the cloud to promote teaching and learning
- Using a Virtual Learning Environment to aid revision
- Accessing teaching and learning resources 24/7 365 days a year
- Promoting cloud based learning by developing sites within Office 365 and Sharepoint Online for each department
During Computing lessons we promote individual choices and interests and allow students to design solutions to problems that link closely with their own hobbies and interests where possible.
Amongst recent topics within the faculty we have:
- Shown students how to construct programmes in Python (KS3 and KS4)
- Constructed robots using Lego Mindstorms (KS3)
- Constructed APPS in AppInventor (KS3 and KS4)
- Developed computational thinking by providing a wide variety of different algorithms to analyse.
Mr N O’Grady – Teacher of ICT
Mr S Paiano – Network Manager
Mr S Morris – ICT Technician