Last year, Earl Mortimer College was allocated £7,567 in funding for students who met the criteria of not having achieved a score of 100 in Reading and/or Maths. The funding has yet to be confirmed for the new College year of 2018-2019, but is likely to be in the region of £6,700.
This funding, as the name suggests, is to help these students to ‘catch up’ with their peers during their first year at Earl Mortimer College.
The objectives of the funding:
- to close the attainment gap by providing intensive literacy and numeracy support to students entitled to the Catch up Premium
- to raise self-esteem and aspirations of students entitled to Catch up Premium
- to enhance existing provision
- to identify concerns and target intervention and support to accelerate progress
- to ensure that parents are informed and involved where appropriate.
How is it planned to spend the funding?
|Catch up numeracy intervention in Maths||£3,200|
|Specialist learning mentor led 1:3 intervention sessions for English.||£3,200|
|Resources, exercise books and materials||£300|