The Governing Body plays a very important part in the running and development of Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre. People choose to become Governors for a variety of reasons, for example, to put something back into society, to understand and be involved in the decision-making processes which affect the education of children, to play a part in enhancing the personal development of the young people within the community and to help to develop links between education and business.
The Governors of Earl Mortimer College bring a wide range of skills and expertise to the Governing Body. They work as a team to fulfil our common aim, which is:
- Building Achievement and Excellence in our Community
- Everyone is actively encouraged to:
- Support the Principal in providing an effective learning experience for all students.
- Promote the interests of the College throughout the community.
- Attend regularly as many meetings as possible.
- Become an active members of a Committee.
- Form links with the College through adoption of a subject area.
- Take responsibility with other Governors in carrying out statutory College duties.
- Participating in Governor training.
Click here to view a copy of the Instrument of Governance.
Current members of the Earl Mortimer College Governing body:
Local Authority Governors
- Councillor John Stone
- Mr Andy Gosling (Chair of Governors)
- Mr David Evans (Vice Chair of Governors)
- Mrs Gina Harris
- Reverend Mike Kneen
- Miss Lorna Simpson
- Mr Matthew Burns
- Vacancy x 2
- Mr Gregory Hutton
- Mr Will Davies
- Mr Adrian Long (Principal)
- Mr Stephen Murphy
Clerk to the Governors
- Mrs Margaret Adams
To contact the Chairman of Governors, please do so either via the Clerk to the Governors or write to him care of the College address or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org