The College Council is at the heart of Earl Mortimer College. Students must go through a rigorous election processes annually, in order to gain a much sought after seat on the Council. The Council consist of two representatives from each year group, The Head Girl, Head Boy and a Chair Person voted for by the teachers.
The Council work alongside Miss Anderson, meeting monthly to discuss College issues. Here students are encouraged to put across the views of their fellow students on matters such as teaching and learning, community issues and fundraising ideas. Student voice is a prominent focus here at Earl Mortimer College and the College Council plays an active part in promoting this.
Each year the College Council creates their own agenda and work tirelessly to achieve this. The 2015-2016 College Council have decided that their focus will be:
- Improving lunchtime facilities
- Continuing to support and create fundraising activities to support local charities and the wider community.
- Giving a voice to the younger students
- Promote responsibility and ownership within the student population
- Improving the school uniform
- Improving GCSE revision classes to help students progress
- Create inter-house year group challenges
- Promote activities to support healthy living
- Work alongside Miss Anderson, Mr Wharam and Mrs Joules to educate students on radicalisation and extremism
- Promote British Values throughout the College
Regular updates can be seen by students, parents, carers and the wider community on the College website, social media and EMC News.
College Council Updates